Chiropractic Care for Whiplash
If you have been involved in an auto accident or play a contact sport like football, there's a chance that you've suffered from whiplash. This sharp pain in the neck that limits your range of motion can affect your overall quality of life, and the staff at Performance Chiropractic knows this too well. We are specialists in providing chiropractic care for whiplash. So, if you would like help to get rid of this pain in or around the Concord area, our team will be glad to help.
Symptoms of Whiplash
It is usually possible to self-diagnose whiplash, and some of the symptoms you may experience include:
- Pain and stiffness in the neck
- Pain in the neck that gets worse when you move it
- Decreased range of motion in the neck
- Headaches that originate from the base of the skull
- Pain and tenderness in the shoulder, arms, or upper back
- Tingling numbness in the arms
- Unexplained fatigue
See our chiropractor if you suspect you are suffering from whiplash because it is essential to get prompt treatment to rule out damage like broken bones that can lead to more complications in the future.
How Does Chiropractic Care Treat Whiplash?
Different methods may be used to ease the pain and treat whiplash, depending on the extent of damage and your chiropractor's discretion. Our chiropractic care involves a combination of various treatment methods to fit every patient's unique needs. Some methods our chiropractor may use to treat your whiplash include:
- Spinal manipulation and chiropractic adjustments will identify the misaligned and injured neck vertebrae, gently moving them back into place and easing inflammation.
- Muscle stimulations and relaxations gently stretch and compress the muscles in the neck, depending on their state. Gentle finger pressure can also be applied to ease the pain caused by tight muscles.
- Trigger point therapy uses a gentle thrusting technique to help restore joint motion by stimulating the nervous system and stretching body tissue to alleviate tension and get the spine back to its normal state.
Contact Us for Whiplash Treatment from Our Concord Chiropractor
If you are suffering from whiplash, contact our team for professional care at Performance Chiropractic. We are committed to helping our patients by alleviating pain from the source. Call us or fill our online form to book your first consultation, and we will be able to help you on your path towards living pain-free.